Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A New Blog

Well, this is the first post on my new blog.  I have just started my second year as the 8th and 9th grade counselor at my hometown school, Prairie Grove.  I created this blog to share some of the things I do for students.  Like most educators I steal ideas from others.  I hate to say it, but I guess I have very few original thoughts....lol!  We are in to the third week of school and I am starting to feel settled, more so than last year, so this is as good of a time as any to start blogging. 

I am almost done finishing up my school counselor certification.  It is a blessing to be able to work in this position while I complete the requirements.  I have 6 hours of internship and one more class this summer to take and I will be finished...well, I have to take the Praxis too, but I sometimes forget about that.  My next challenge will be National Boards! 

I am inspired by so many counselors out there with blogs.  I am thankful there are people who are willing share what they are doing for students.  There does not seem to be as many secondary counselors out there on Pinterest/Blogger/Facebook, etc.  Every now and then I run across a great secondary counselor that shares ideas.  I do get a lot from elementary counselors though.  I will be sharing some of the things I have adapted for my 8th and 9th grade students.

Hopefully I will make the time to actually update this blog! :)  Wish me luck!  Thanks for reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment