Thursday, October 18, 2012

Don't Test Me

Don't Test Me...that's the t-shirt I wore yesterday to administer the PSAT.  I did it to get some laughs.  This is what it looks like:
Any counselor that also does the testing at their school can relate I'm sure!  I serve students in 8th and 9th grade (in two different buildings), but I do all the testing at the high school.  I consider the PSAT as my practice run for all the state tests and AP exams we give in the spring.  It is a one day, 3 or so hour test, so it's not too bad.

There is a lot of planning that goes into coordinating a test like this.  I might do a post on how I do things later on.  I have lots of great help, professional colleagues, and understanding/(forgiving) administrators so I am very thankful!

I found this shirt at my state counselor's conference last year.  It only came in Texas orange, but I liked it enough to buy it anyway.  I'm always looking for funny type t-shirts to wear to school on casual days.

So the PSAT shipped out today, and we are on to the EXPLORE test next week for 8th graders at the middle school.  After that, we will have a break until March when all 11th graders take their End of Course Literacy exam.  April comes fast and furious with the Benchmark at the middle school, 9th grades take the ITED, then there is also EOC Biology and EOC Geometry at the high school.  May brings all the AP exams and the EOC Algebra I test - sometimes on the same day at the same time.  Needless to say, the last couple of months of school fly by.

That's all for today!  Thanks for reading!  How do you prepare to administer big exams at your school?  I would love to hear all kinds of organization tips!



No comments:

Post a Comment